Please read the following information regarding visiting the museum. For the time being, tickets can only be purchased online for a specific date and timeslot. During this timeslot, you will be the only party (see below for the definition of ‘party’) onboard.
In order to enable visits during the current Corona (Covid-19) situation, we ask that you adhere to the following guidelines:
- Stay home if you are experiencing any symptoms. Visitors are welcome if they and members of their household have been symptom-free for 24 hours.
- If you and others belong to the same party (see definition below), you may visit the museum together during the same timeslot.
- A ‘party’ is defined as a group of individuals who belong to the same household or social unit, such as a family, partners or housemates.
- Visitors must be in possession of a valid (online) reservation with a valid admission ticket for the date and timeslot (fixed starting time) booked.
- Arrive on time or no more than 5 minutes in advance to avoid creating queues outside.
- Visits without a reservation are currently not possible.
- Group visits are currently not taking place.
- Would you like to visit the museum with a group of children under the age of 12? Please contact us to discuss the possibilities.
- When outside the museum maintain a distance of 1.5 metres from others who do not belong to your own party, and when inside the museum maintain a distance of 1.5 metres from museum staff.
- Always observe the rules of hygiene and instructions given by the museum staff.
- It is unfortunately not possible to change or cancel your tickets online after payment has been made. To do so please contact us via email.
- No changes can be made in the 48 hours prior to your visit.
- No reimbursement is possible if fewer members of your party show up at the museum than the number paid for in advance.
Opening hours and online tickets
Our opening hours are currently limited. Consult our online ticket shop to see which dates and times are available. You will be redirected to our English-language ticket shop.
|Adult with Annual Museumcard||€ 3,50|
|Children 5 – 15 years||€ 3,50|
|Children 5 – 15 years
with Annual Museumcard
|Children < 5 years||Free|
Tickets can only be purchased in advance.
Your visit will sustain the preservation of this maritime legacy. The museum is a private, independent initiative which operates entirely without subsidy.
- Plenty headroom inside.
- Photography allowed onboard.
- Museum shop with books about houseboats etc.
The Houseboat Museum is moored in the Prinsengracht, just outside the Jordaan area. By foot it is only 5 minutes from Westermarkt (Anne Frank House).
Prinsengracht 296 K
1016 HW Amsterdam
+31 (0)20 42 70 750